Search This Blog

Saturday, August 13, 2016

Day 15 - 16: Anniversary

I wanted to headline my blog post as Cheat Day, but that is such a red flag. I am writing this not to encourage deviations but as part of my tracking by blogging.

I did deviate big time for my own reasons. Trust me I didn't want to, but my bf had planned a very nice weekend getaway for us that I have accepted the fact that I will deviate and enjoy my time.

Overall, I am not sorry about it. I was happy. Inspite of knowing that it will delay my progress, or that the deviation will probably reflect on my next blood test.

Its ok. I am here to stay. As they say, cross the bridge when you get there. I will have to suck it all up again over the next few days, but I have accepted that by now. It wont be so easy and will be frustrating (scale wise).

Day 15: The beautiful Al Maha
 
Woke up late today being that it was the weekend, my fitbit gave me a star for meeting my sleep goals for today. BF gave me a nice Pandora heart necklace where you can place in tiny pictures in it. He still didn't tell me what exactly his plans were but he just said I needed to pack for an overnight somewhere (all I thought is that we were having dinner outside).
 
I was really excited, had my breakfast and we went early to a mall to get a new frame for his prescription glasse (my gift). We shopped for veggies, reached back home, cooked my lunch and packed. On the way to the location, I realized we were going to Al Maha Luxury Resort and Spa (wowzer!). It was sooo beautiful, exclusive and nice. He told me me we were going to have a dinner picnic, so then I decided not to have my lunch and save my calories for later (deviation 1).
 
I had a few nuts and the welcome drink and an hour later, I was really hungry! And here I was talking about not being hungry at all yesterday! sheesh... I had coffee and a cracker.
 
We swam, went for a sunset spot and then to the dinner in the middle of the desert. It was so nice but a tad humid. Delicious food too, but I really couldn't eat so much. I enjoyed it and ate to my fill (deviation 2.. and Im off the bus) It was lovely. Went back, chilled, watched tv, slept. What is it with 5 star hotels? Their beds and beddings are so, so, so comfortable. I want to have the same at home!! I slept like a baby..
 
Day 15: off the bus
Mood = happy
Hunger = didn't have time to be hungry except at the beginnin 


Day 16:  The merriment continues
 
Woke up really early to enjoy a dune drive. Ah the vast desert, it was beautiful to look at. There were only 4 of us in the SUV and everything felt relaxed and unique. Went back for breakfast and had eggs benedict and pancakes (deviation ftw!), couldn't finish 2 pancakes, struggled with 1. Went back to the room and watched the Olympics. We just basically chilled, my god that bed and those beddings. I think I hugged the pillow more than my bf, and kept saying I want this pillow..... zzzz.. kept dozing off :D I had the most comfortable sleep!!

Had lunch at 2, had a pumpkin soup and steak and a small scoop of vanilla ice cream (deviation ftw again!). Right then we both decided --"NO DINNER!" :D we ate enough for days.. hehe.. Reached home, watched rugby and had my senna tea.

Day 16: still off the bus
Mood = happy and sleepy
Hunger = in the evening, like really, had 5 provitas to calm the hunger and quarter of a protein bar

No comments:

Post a Comment