Search This Blog

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Day 19: Its My Birthday!!

Alright.. I had to brace myself, for non stop greetings and invitations to eat cakes and sweets..

First my sweet friends brought over some nice choco mousse cake which I didnt eat..

Second, another colleague of mine has the same birthdate and she bought doughnuts!

But I survived this day, DV free!!! I seriously cant believe it, but I conquered this day! (conquered.. big word :D)

I gave myself a treat by eating 1 full thai mango for dinner (included in allowance), which a monk convinced me to buy from the supermarket :D I couldnt believe I saw a monk in the supermarket (?) I was reaching for Australian mangoes, choosing, then he said, buy Thailand mangoes.. very goood.. And I said "yes ofcourse!" I actually didnt notice them as they were very few.. And boy, where they expensive!! :D

My colleagues bought me lovely flowers coz they knew I wont eat anything else :D

Whooo!! one more day to go.. Tomorrow is the official celebration of my birthday at a friends house, dinner and drinks.. but I will stay on plan.

In the afternoon though, I felt a 'crash'.. I dont know why but after 4, I felt sleepy and hungry.. I waited til 4:45 to eat my crispbreads bec I was so hungry.. and after eating that I still felt hungry. I usually feel ok after Ive eaten my crispbreads or fruit, but this time it wasnt the case. I was very sleepy that I wanted nothing to do but go home and sleep. Why?

I also have a dillemma with people wanting to try my food. Im not selfish but I dont think they understand how less my food is, and every single gram counts.. I dont even offer them my food, because I may end up with almost nothing. It happened twice today, for breakfast, my friend had a small bite of my egg omellete and at lunch, a colleague wanted to try the tilapia fillet. Hardly 5 grams of food taken from me.. but still...

I have to prepare my BokChoy dish for them so I rushed from work to buy the bokchoy and the tilapia fillets, and cooked our food for tomorrow.. Of course, I will still stay within my food allowance..

I may be DV free today, I seriously wanted to have my birthday treats! I wanted to treat myself. But I keep reminding myself of my deadline and on how important it is to meet. I just kept telling myself:

- its just 2 months of the CD and I will reach my goal weight
- another 15 or so days for my refeed, and
- 15 days to start playing with your maintenance..

After this 3months, I can afford to be less strict with food choices...More forgiving.. But until then.... I have to practice the art of self control..



No comments:

Post a Comment