Search This Blog

Saturday, March 22, 2014

Day 21: Holi Day

Holi-fied :)
I celebrated the festival of colors with my friends at the beach today.. I love this festival! So colorful and so fun! Just at the beach, music, colors that are flying from everywhere, Indian food, booze, and dancing! Its all just a big party!!

People around me dont seem to understand the need for me to be too strict with my food intake and the no booze policy. Its diffiult to explain to them. They think Im already cutting out too much and why a little bit of this, and a bit of that, and a can of beer would hurt so much.. I just honestly feel bad with saying "no" to them. They even to offer to cook for me at home, but still I say no.

The party's major sponsor is a good business contact of mine and kept insisting in buying me a drink and I kept saying "No, No, please, Im not drinking" This tug of war kept on for a few minutes but I really had no intention to budge.. So he ended up buying me a bottle of water. :D

Plus, its an Indian fesTival and the venue served Indian food and junk food, to which I have a very good appetite for. The smell of the curries, the chaats, samosas and other junk were really tempting that I felt bad and at the same time good for eating my packed lunch. Bad because I know what was available there were more delicious and tastier, and good because I was able to stuck through it knowing that having those will not serve the purpose of taking on this journey..

I came home late yesterday evening so I woke up late and was lazy to prepare any meals. I ended up having egg omelette for breakfast, and tuna with veggies for lunch and dinner. Of course, I bought my lunch to the beach party and ate it with my crispbreads.

Now thinking about it, I had many opportunities to deviate, with a good reason to boot. But I just didnt let myself to. I really didnt want to. I know myself, when I wanted something, there is no need to convince me or it wouldnt take so much convincing, and I would take it myself.

My friend was telling me in the car that my willpower is so good. I SWEAR TO GOD,  I didnt even know I can be this strong. I always buckle and now, no deviation at all, not even a tiny bit.. At this point, its just not worth it breaking the straight 21 days of being deviation free!!

Oh, but, they were throwing colors at the party, and a lot of them got thrown in face and my mouth! I did try to spit most of what I can, and gargle - spit with water, but Im sure, I have ingested a small amount of the colors... :/ which was really unavoidable.. So that is a deviation.

No comments:

Post a Comment