Search This Blog

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Power of The Power Suit

Ok ladies and gentlemen, I seriously didnt think the Cohen will work this quick for me. Out of curiousity, I took out all my "power suits" from storage, that were last worn aroun 4-5 years ago, just to see if any one will fit me for our meeting today with our big bosses. And my God, not only did they fit, but they did fit comfortably!

I didnt realize I was that close to my normal/old body and what I have been doing pre-Cohen's was what was stopping me from reaching it. I mean, it has been months of trying (working out hard, eating like crap) to get down back to this size, which 5years ago, I consider to be big already.

I decided to wear my favorite beige ones today. And OMG, the phrase "Dressing for the part" really seem to have a huge difference on my self esteem, the way I walk and talk, and the way everyone seem to take a 2nd look, or give me a compliment about it. I felt like I was respected, that everyone looked at me as a professional, and not just one of the colleagues in the office. This was how I used to dress when I was in my normal size- confident and impeccably well dressed.

I cant believe how I have let myself go- in every aspect in my life. I really didnt put an effort into anything, and gradually, I had placed myself in a mediocre grade.. Like in a 5year dug-out.. and there i kept on deteriorating..

Im glad I finally made a decision to go to the gym 2 years ago, workout and accepted the fact that losing all this weight will take time. And I am more than thankful that I was able to keep up with it, lost 25kgs, without dieting!!

And now Im in the home stretch, and levelled up by doing the Cohen, which is what I needed for that extra push to reach my goal..

I am just so happy and content right now. That finally everything is moving into place. That I have taken back some of the control in my life.

There are still some uncertainty approaching in my career life, but as my outlook has now improved, I can see that everything really did happen for a reason and for the greater good. I still have to wait a few more months to see where my life would take its turn, but right now, I am good. I am blessed and I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment