Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 5, 2019

ROUND UP 2.0: Week 1 - 4 Results

Hola peeps!

I've got some great news. After 30 days of being on the plan, I lost 8.6 kgs! That's just 100gms less than my 1st go I had with the program 5 years ago without exercise and with deviation (see Food Pushers entry), so I'm pretty happy about it.

Cue in.......



As for the scale that tells me my life 😛, I've seen some nice improvements too, most notably Body age and Visceral Fat have both gone down.

I haven't taken my body measurements when I started, probably because I never thought I could do it again after so many failed attempts. I wanted to do that this morning but I can't find our tape measure. I'm doing that tomorrow so I have better reporting next time ;). 




Observations:


  1. Hair and Skin - both definitely looking much better. My hair looks healthier and my skin is not dry. I don't think my hair is falling out than the normal daily hair loss. 

    Aside from being on the plan, I'm taking a high dosage of liquid Omega 3s (Ultimate Omega by Nordic Naturals), it's quite pricey for a 4 oz bottle. I've switched to their Complete Omega which has a lower dosage of Omega 3 but has Omega 6 and 9 in the mix. It's cheaper and twice the size. So let's see..

    I'm also avoiding direct sun exposure because I get that a lot of that from Oct-Apr at work. 

  2. BMs - way more regular before I got on the plan. I'm happy about this because I have poor BMs that I take a laxative tea at least once a week to get a good clear up. Nowadays it comes like clockwork in the morning. 

  3. Exercise - I did NADA! On my first try, I was still pretty active and reduced my workouts to yoga at least 3 times a week. Now, all I did was walk for about an hour thrice? I just walked, because I'm feeling like a lazy bum from doing nothing. 

  4. Oranges - I love them! :D I never really ate oranges by choice. Now, I have 1 every day (except for the past 2 days)

  5. Sleep - I'm still struggling with this. Before the Eid break, I couldn't sleep early. But since the holiday started, I'm sleeping more. Was it because I cut the DC? Or maybe I'm not thinking about work so much? NO STRESS LIFESTYLE.

  6. Mood - definitely better. I feel good. Same as the 1st time, I didn't feel the same amount of "dread and depression" prior to my periods. I felt the lethargy and the quick temper, but nothing compared to how I felt each month prior to it. I wasn't sickly as well.

  7. Energy - I can't really gauge, because I haven't done anything that's extra. Overall, I just feel better

  8. Allergies - For years, I've depended on a nasal spray to clear my nose up. My nose is clogged as I type this however, I feel that my use of the spray has lessened. I look forward to getting rid of this nasal spray for good. 
I'm not as strict on meal preparations like before. I don't prepare my meals for the week in advance anymore. I'm trying to establish the habit of cooking my food per day, as I believe that's how it's supposed to be, so the food is fresh.

The plan really works as long as you follow it. It is difficult at the beginning but once you get over the initial weeks, it is pretty easy to be on. On some days I'm craving, but I think its something to do with the timings of my fruit intake or I'm just missing the thought of eating "good" junk. 

But honestly, I'm not hungry and no longer craving. And it feels so damn good to be rid of that dependency on the stuff that's not good for me.

I look forward to the days ahead :)




No comments:

Post a Comment