Search This Blog

Saturday, June 15, 2019

37th - 40th Day - 72 Hour Ordeal

Oh well. It was a crazy 72hrs and there was no way I could have been on plan fro Day 38-40.

It started on the evening of the 37th Day, went to the mall for movies with friends. Little did I know that the mall had started with the use of facial recognition cameras and I was taken by the CID as I have a case from one of the banks here. That night I had my dinner with me and crackers so plan wise I was fine. 

To cut things short, I was detained and was fed with whatever food they supply. I had no choice but to eat what they gave but i tried to eat as healthy as possible. Only ate the meat and not the bread or rice, cheese or yogurt if available. On the 39th day, I got transferred to another CID office in another Emirate and I only got to eat past 2pm and they gave me a paratha roll. I was so hungry I wolfed down the whole thing, dinner was pizza (can u imagine?) The night shift staff ordered pizza and they gave me some. I was torn between eating it and waiting for next days breakfast but i dont know if i will have it as I dont know whats next, so I ate. Day 40 was a lot of waiting and negotiating with the bank which didnt even want to meet halfway so I waited for a schedule with the court. Finally, i got an appointment on the 18th and got out by giving my passport until i finalise the fine that the court will give and pay it.

Reached home at 4am on Day 41. Woke up at 12noon and had my breakfast (so this means i will have my lunch at 5pm and dinner at 10pm). Weighed myself and I gained 700grams.

To be honest, I was calm throughout. I didnt get that gut wrenching feeling. I was surrounded by good people all the time and it was more of waiting around. I learned a lot as there are a lot of people being detained for financial reasons as the work economy is really bad or getting there. I just have one hurdle this tuesday.

Day 37 - Deviation free
Day 38 - 40 - Off plan

No comments:

Post a Comment