Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Huh

It has finally sunk in, 40kgs to lose.. huwaw.. Oddly, I turned 40 this march too.. 

What happened you ask?

I have totally let go and I am not unaware of this especially in the last 3 years. I just didn’t want to bother about eating right nor exercising. Having 14 local tournaments, 2 intl level ones (and hosting a big event around these 2) plus at least 14 other competitions to organize in a period of 8 months each year definitely kept me stressed. 6-day work week (9hr per day which extends to 12hrs) with every Friday was field day. We are a small team of 5, so we are all pretty hands on. The pressure of getting sponsors & vendors for each Friday during these 8 months.. ugh.. Handling marketing & pr for these events… I dunno whats left of me..

The 4 months of the year off season, 1 month vacation, 3 months planning for the upcoming season, meetings with potential sponsors etc was not a walk in the park either. Last year’s lockdowns during our off season, well they made me handle the marketing for the hotel villas too (on the months that im supposed to be off), which surprisingly were in high demand.. local tourism somehow boomed here.. Salary cuts, unpaid leaves, more work.. whew, needed to keep the job.

Then early this year, we moved houses, Im back in the desert! Which Im happy about, not a fan of apartment living. Open spaces, tall trees (we got them! :D), weekly braai’s again.. I looked forward to it. But, Jan-Mar was our most hectic time of the season, so didn’t have the time to decorate or gather. I rarely had off days during this period, so consistently been working for at least 2.5 months.

My flexibility is gone. I felt it, hips, legs, arms, feet. Small pains here and there. I knew the whys and the hows… Ive seen my tummy go several inches up and down due to the bloat.. Consistent allergies..

I couldn’t be bothered to take care of myself. I came home late, live on take out/delivery, tune out in front of the TV, and fall asleep in front of it. I am too tired. My partner is the same, he has his own stressful, long hour work days. So both of us enabled each other.

Well, whats done is done.. and now Im back on the plan, using the one I purchased 2 years ago..

Let's see how it goes..

No comments:

Post a Comment